Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Valentine Cookie


A lovely Valentine cookie for my sweet Valentine.

I made shortbread heart cookies dipped in chocolate for Oscar for Valentine's Day. They actually came out really good and didn't stick to the pan! It was a Barefoot Contessa recipe, who I love. The only problem was that the dough was really dry. I don't know if it is supposed to be that way or not. (They came delicious, though!) The dough would practically crumble as I tried to roll it out. Maybe the butter wasn't soft enough or maybe I should try to use a little less flour next time. Regardless, I was very happy with the end product. For the chocolate, all I did was melt together some milk chocolate and bittersweet chocolate - very simple. I left some plain to put raspberry jam on and make linzer tarts - my favorite!

PS - The little heart cookie at the top of the plate is for baby :)

1 comment:

The Oswalds said...

They look yummy & beautiful! Love the little one. Happy Valentine's Day!