Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Little Lamb


Meet our baby's first friend, "Little Lamb". That is what I am calling her for now but it won't be her real name. We'll let our baby name her when the time is right.

We were in the market for a teddy bear but couldn't find "the one". It is not easy to find the right stuffed animal because I believe that you don't find them but they find you. You know when a stuffed animal is "the one" because there will be an instant connection and, more times than not, you find each other when you least expect it.

We were at Harrod's and took a lap around the baby things. We had been before and never found anything so I wasn't expecting to take a little one home. I was looking at teddy bears and, out of nowhere, I saw "Little Lamb". I think she jumped shelves when I wasn't looking because she was all alone - none of her siblings were in sight - and she was front and center at my arm's height. I picked her up and put her in my arms. She looked up at me with those big black eyes and I fell in love with her. She was so soft and cuddly and the perfect size for our little one. I knew that she was meant for us when I found myself walking around the store rocking her in my arms as if she were my child. I couldn't put her down and knew she was coming home with us.

The funny thing is that she is nothing like what we were looking for. I was looking for something in an oatmeal color (so you can't see when it is dirty), no beans inside (she has beans in her legs and tummy), and a teddy bear! I love that she is nothing like I imagined - she's even better! And, she reminds me that we are all little lambs of God :)

1 comment:

Rosa said...

Hoolaaaa, luego te pasará como a mi que empezamos con uno y ahora tenemos millones de peluches por todas partes, pero como a mí me encantan, pues me lo tomo como que estoy haciendo colección (sobre todo continuando mi colección Disney que empecé con 15 años). ¿Todo bien? Por aquí como siempre, cada vez con menos frio.....
Muchos besos.
Rosa.