Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Public Transportation Etiquette


This ad cracks me up. It is part of a "public transportation etiquette" awareness campaign. To be a kinder rider, one character says she "won't eat smelly food". The other says she "will keep her feet off the seats".

The one about eating smelly food is my favorite because it is crazy the things people eat on the tube and buses here. It goes far beyond a coffee and a pastry or a coke and some chips. I have actually seen people take on a pizza box from Pizza Hut, open it up, and go to town. Not to mention, your everday KFC, sushi, and sandwiches.

I really don't understand how people can feel comfortable eating on the subway. There are so many germs floating around that it is not hygenic at all. Plus, it's just common courtesy for fellow riders. I am glad to see that I am not the only one bothered by smelly food on public transportation and I am curious to see how effective the campaign will actually be. Until then, I will be writing off the food smells on public transportation as just a part of the experience.

No comments: