Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I win!

I guessed that today would be the day that I got my passport back and I did! It arrived at 11:33 this morning. Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from DHL to confirm the address and they confirmed that it would be delivered this morning between 9am - 1pm. So last night Oscar booked me on a flight to London for 9pm today. We wanted to make sure there would be enough time to get my passport and some wiggle room in case I needed to hunt it down in the afternoon, if it didn't arrive.

I was up early and finished packing, which was a good distraction while I waited. I could see the street from my window so, as soon as the truck pulled up, I ran downstairs and met him at the door. Since I got my passport early and was already packed, I went to the airport to see if I could go standby and try to get on an earlier flight. As my good luck had it (and bad luck for the other passengers), an 11:30am flight had been delayed until 2:45pm and I was able to get on that one. YEAH!

I arrived to sunshine and beautiful weather in London. Oscar flew in early this morning and is at the office right now. I figure I have a couple of solid hours to get some things done before he comes home tonight. I need to make the bed (our new bed was delivered while we were in Madrid), pick up a few things at the grocery store, and get a start on dinner. This is heaven for me :) I have truly felt God's presence and closeness over the past couple of weeks and that in itself has made it all worth it.


Today, is officialy the first day of our new life in London :)

2 comments:

ivette said...

Guau!! Se oye padrisimo todo! ¿Cuanto tiempo estarĂ¡n en LondrĂ©s?

The Oswalds said...

Congratulations! Have fun getting all settled. I look forward to some London pics! I would love to visit London. Maybe one day we can visit.