Thursday, June 4, 2009

Down and out

As a lovely "Welcome to London" unwanted gift, I came down with a 24-hour stomach virus yesterday. No fun! I was in denial most of the day and tried to tough it out. I probably shouldn't have but I went to my French class anyway. I missed the first day because I was stuck in Madrid and didn't want to miss another day of my oh-so-short 6-week course.

About halfway through the class I was more than uncomfortable and couldn't sit still. I made it to the end, though, and went straight home. Luckily, I literally live across the street from the academy. I fell in to some PJs and Oscar found me in a ball on the couch when he got home. I got a similar bug a few months ago in Madrid and, let me tell you, it is awful. I never get sick like this at home. My silver lining was that I was in our own place and didn't have to worry about others being around.

I am not a 100% but I feel much better today. I don't have time to be sick - I have lots to do around here! I am going to meet my good friend, Michelle, tonight to say goodbye as she heads back to Texas on Saturday. She moved to London around the same time that Oscar and I moved back to Madrid the last time. Just our luck has it, we move to London and she moves back to Dallas. She has been great about giving us some good tips about living in the city. This will be a good move for her and we wish her the very best.

No comments: