Thursday, January 14, 2010

We Are Fam-i-ly!

I'm back! I took a short break from blogging because I was so entertained over the holidays. I believe Dorothy said it best in the Wizard of Oz when she said, "There's no place like home." I had such a wonderful time with my family and I am so thankful for the time we had together. There is just something about being around them that lights me up inside.
We didn't do much out of the oridinary - just relaxing, cooking, and shopping - but it was absolutely perfect. Our oven broke the day before Christmas Eve, which made for some good laughs. Thankfully, Angela let us pack everything up and go to her house for Christmas Eve dinner. We did our traditional Christmas puzzle. My only contribution was purchasing a puzzle of London and giving it to the family. I couldn't believe how fast they finished it - 1000 pieces in just over a day. I am sure they could've finished it in a day but Christmas dinner and opening presents got in the way :)
As expected, I became attached at the hip with my mother. She truly is my other half. I don't think I left her side for more than four hours straight the whole time. She took really good care of me and our little one on the way. Besides making me homemade soups during the day and mini chocolate shakes at night, she even peeled and sectioned about 20 grapefruits for me. Now that's love! One of my favorite times was when she would come into my bed at night or in the morning and feel our baby kick. I miss her so much already. I am counting the days until our baby is born, not only to have her in my arms, but to see my mom again.
December was a big month for our baby. She grew quite a bit in such a short time and I definitely popped. I didn't see Oscar for three weeks and when he came on Christmas, he couldn't believe how big my belly was. It was so much fun to share that special time with my family.
Another fun thing we did over the holidays was take a family picture. Chris and Kellie organized everything and it turned out great. It had probably been over five years since our last one so we were long overdue. I was 25 weeks pregnant when the picture was taken. I am 28 weeks today so I should probably post another belly pic sometime soon.
Happy New Year to everyone!
The Restivo Originals
The Restivos - Better than ever!

2 comments:

Laura Carter said...

You look stunning pregnant! My mom siad she saw you at church and went on and on about how cute you were.
And this picture - priceless. Makes me want to get a Barbosa family picture we are LONG overdue.
So happy to hear all is going well for you and you got in some quality family time. You have such a great family, i can only imagine how much you must miss them. Especially, your mom during this time - she is a pretty special person :) so random, but i remember your moms chocolate chip cookies from way back when, they were always the best!
Before you know it that precious little angel will be here!

Veronica Maria said...

you have bangs! just like me:)

i have a baby present, but i'm not sending it until after our wedding so that i can send you our program, favor, etc.