Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Birds Nest Evolves Into Beaver Dam

One of the things that I love about Oscar is his sense of humor. Last night, after getting ready for bed, I came back to this ... Oscar's interpretation of how I sleep during the third trimester:

I bet you can't guess which side of the bed is mine, huh? At first, I laughed hysterically and joked about how much he exaggerates everything. But then, when it came down to it, he wasn't too far off. (Although, I don't pile them up high as much as I do all around me.) He really doesn't sleep with that little decorative pillow; he does use one - yes one - real size pillow. But, the truth is, I do use the rest.

In total, I use 5 standard pillows and one of the decorative pillows. I have been trying really hard to only sleep on my sides and not on my back. The only way I can do this is if I pile up pillows all around me so I don't have much wiggle room. I guess I have to face the fact that my sweet, innocent, little bird's next I used to sleep in has now evolved into a large, purposeful beaver's dam.

2 comments:

Cara Eubank said...

This is my favorite post! I love it! Cracked me up! I am so happy that you are having a great pregnancy! You guys are gonna have the most beautiful baby, inside and out! Just like her parents!

Keep posting pics of your growing belly! I love them!

Cara

Rosa said...

Estoy con Elizabeth, he sufrido a mi hermano durante 28 años, y es verdad que es un exagerado y que además tiene un gran sentido del humor. Me alegra ver que no ha cambiado.
Bss