Friday, June 6, 2008

Welcome to my world

My day pretty much revolves around food. When I wake up in the morning, I am already thinking about what I am going to make for dinner. Some people wake up and turn on the news. I, however, watch the Food Network. This is me in Paris - the city of great food!

I have always enjoyed cooking but I got more into it over the past few years. My mom is my inspiration. She is always cooking something! My favorite saying of hers is: If you cook it, they will come. And, it is true! There are days when it doesnt seem like anyone is going to come over and then all of the sudden everyone stops by and has a bite to eat.

Thats what I love about food - it brings people together. My family has always had dinner together, whether at home or a restaurant, and I love that. I even started a supper club with the kids, which was a huge hit.

Now that I am on the other side of the world, I cook to feel like I am at home. I escape to the kitchen, open the windows, turn on some music (Bocelli is great for cooking!), get out the Kitchen Aid, and it is as if I were at home again. Well, almost! I don´t have my two best sous-chefs (Mom and Angela) and the all-time best test-tester team in the whole world (The Fam). But I do have Oscar and he appreciates good food.

I decided to start a blog to share my passion for cooking with you. I intend to create a place where you can see what I am cooking and new foods that I am trying. Also, I will post any new recipes that I think are worth trying.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Ooooh, so much fun. I love your blog so far, and we haven't even gotten to the cooking part! :)

I hope you're doing well. We miss you so much over here.

Kirk B said...

What a great idea, Elizabeth! I will definitely add your blog to my bookmarks, and look forward to learning from you. Y a Oscar: feliz cumpleanos!

Alison said...

Sweet Elizabeth! I absolutely love your blog and getting to peek inside your kitchen. You are already inspiring me!