Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hot Wheels


Since summer finally arrived in Madrid, we changed our mode of transportation on the vineyard. We still take out the Montero but the quads are much more fun. I officially learned how to drive one by myself. The crash course took a total of 45 seconds - here is the ignition, here is the gas, here are the brakes. Not too difficult. The only problem is that I was going in between newly planted vines and I could just see myself taking out one after the other. Fortunately, there weren´t any causualities.

The other thing is that they are literally hot wheels. With the sun beaming down in the middle of the country and the engine running, your only hope is to go a little faster and catch a breeze. My next step is to try to learn to drive a scooter for our trip to Ibiza. Not too sure about that, though, because it only has two wheels and I am not all that great riding a regular bike to begin with.

PS - Happy Birthday Bea!

No comments: