Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Tribute to Paris

Barefoot Contessa´s cookbook ¨Barefoot in Paris¨ (a Christmas gift from Thomas and Tabitha) was my guide to where to find the best places to shop for food in Paris. I would go to the Gran Epicerie (an elite grocery store) and visit it as if it were a musem :)

The book is filled with great French recipes and has a resource guide in the back with restaurant recommendations and where to find the best bread, cheese, pastries, etc. I followed her suggestions to make a nice, light, Parisian dinner for Oscar one weekend when he came to visit.

It included:
- Smoked salmon (Gerad Mulot) with herbed creme fraiche
- Foie gras (Gerad Mulot) with raspberry jam
- Cheese platter (cheese selection from a quaint shop on Saint-Germain-des-Pres) with fruit
- Rustic bread (Polaine)
- Bordeaux wine (a gift from our landlords Claude and Lucile)
- And, pastries (Laduree) - not shown here

I love this type of dinner. It creates the perfect ambiance to relax and enjoy eachothers company and conversation. Even though there wasn´t much food, I think Oscar and I noshed on it for almost two hours until we finished the bottle of wine.
It was a lovely evening and the view of Place Saint-Sulpice from my kitchen was a very nice touch :)

No comments: