Friday, April 23, 2010

Tea Party

I hosted afternoon tea the other day so a few of my friends could meet Siena. We had so much fun! I made egg salad finger sandwiches, tuna salad brioche, and ham with cream cheese and salsa tortilla wraps. They were followed by homemade crumb cake and a plate of tea cookies and chocolates and, of course, plenty of tea!

I don't have any of my tea party "play things" here, like my three tier server or my cake stand so I had to make do with what I had. I didn't even have tea cups so I popped over to the store on the corner and picked these up for 1.50 each :) They will hold me over until I get my real tea set. (That is going to be my big souvenir from London before we leave. I haven't found "the one" just yet.)

I have been so blessed with very good friends here. All of which have babies of their own :) They have been a huge help getting me ready for motherhood and supporting me through the first days of being a new mom. I have loved watching their little ones grow and can't believe how big they are already. Pretty soon I will be saying the same about Siena :)


Baby Nicolas (about 7 months), Baby Thomas (about 5 months), Baby Siena (almost 4 weeks). Baby Alex (about 13 months) stayed at home with grandma so mommy Maria Jose could have some time off :)

All partied out!

1 comment:

Veronica Maria said...

I think your "big souvenir" is Siena:) She even has a bib and diaper cover to prove it! Ha!