Monday, April 12, 2010

Flying Solo


On Saturday before we went out to lunch with my parents. She is wearing an adorable dress that my sister-in-law, Matty's, parents gave her. We had a nice spring day and had to take advantage of the warmer weather to wear spring clothes! (Her tights are way too big - I know! It was still too cool to go bare.)

Oscar has already been back to work for a week and my parents left yesterday. So that means that I am flying solo today for the first time. We got off to a rough start because Siena decided she wanted to feed several times during the night and not go back to sleep after her morning feed. She finally fell asleep and I was able to work in a 20 minute power nap.

Then, I got up, had breakfast, and got dressed. I was sure she was going to be up soon for a feed. But no. She kept sleeping. So instead of going back to sleep I took advantage of the extra time to throw in some laundry and pick up around the house. Around 11am, she started to stir and it was the perfect time to feed her; so I did. About an hour - and three diaper changes (this girl likes to dirty her diaper as you change it!) - later, we were off to the grocery store. She fell asleep in the pram on the way there and slept the whole time we were out, which worked out nicely for me. I was able to get the essentials to hold us over for the week and we both got some fresh air.

I unloaded the groceries and had some lunch. I thought about taking another quick nap but I know she will want to feed very soon. So I am distracting myself online to keep me up. The clouds have rolled in so I don't know if we will get out for a walk later today. Maybe I can catch some shut-eye later this afternoon.

All in all, it has been a good day. I miss my parents already and wish they could've stayed longer. Luckily, we are going home in June and I know it will be here before we know it. For now, I am enjoying this special alone time to get to know her - and fall more in love with her - each day.

2 comments:

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Glad your first day "solo" went smoothly! I'm seriously impressed that you were brave enough to venture out to get groceries alone. And I love the tights on Siena - so cute!