Sunday, March 14, 2010

Birthday Dinner Party

Last weekend, Oscar and I hosted a dinner party at our flat for my birthday. We have been blessed with some really great friends here and it was fun to celebrate with them. We love to entertain so any excuse is a good excuse for us.

I decided to do a casual Italian dinner. So I went with anipasto and sundried tomato crostini for appetizers and eggplant parmigina, sausage/ham/cheese calzone, and a pepper/mushroom/onion pizza. And, for dessert, a fun M&M cookie cake! I don't have any pictures of the main dishes but you have all seen them before. Here a few others, though.
We served our favorite Spanish wine - V2 - from the vineyard I used to work at. It got rave reviews from all. I saved a bottle for me to celebrate when the baby is born. Much better than champagne!

Sundried tomato crostini. I will post the recipe separately. Super simple and so tasty!

Antipasto. This was a big hit and had a really nice presentation. Too bad I couldn't eat any of the sliced meats - they looked delicious!

Oscar should take up food photography as a hobby :)
Happy 30th birthday to me!

I made half a batch of shortbread cookies so each couple had a little party favor to take home with them. They turned out pretty cute :)

No comments: