Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rock-a-bye Betsy


I have always, always, always wanted a rocking chair. And, now that I am pregnant it was the perfect excuse to get one. I knew exactly what I wanted but couldn't find it anywhere. They don't seem to make too many of the tradtional ones anymore. The rocking chair has evolved into a glider. I tried out a glider and it is nice but not what I was looking for. Plus, they weren't cheap.

When we were in Burford over the weekend, we stopped in a cute little shop. We went upstairs where they had a display of wood furniture. I wasn't thinking of finding a rocking chair at the time. But then ... I saw it from far and it was love at first sight. I sat in it and rocked and knew it was perfect. I was hesitant to look at the price because it was almost too good to be true. Luckily, it was very reasonably priced and was on sale - a plus for Oscar.

So now ... how do we get it to London? We had rented a car and crossed our fingers that it would fit. It was our lucky day because it did. So we became proud owners of a rocking chair and I have rocked in it everyday since then. I love it!
I was so excited to make our first purchase for the baby. Oscar said that it is really more for me than for the baby. And, you know what ... he might be right! :)

2 comments:

Laura Carter said...

How sweet! I love the new rocking chair. I can't wait to see pictures on here of you and the baby in it :)

Veronica Maria said...

So, you aren't going to believe this, but that's the EXACT rocking chair that my mom had in my nursery. Now it's in my living room. We are actually trying to figure out what to do with it once I move. Small world huh?:)