Monday, September 1, 2008

Oscar 53:33 - Elizabeth 57:37

We ran when the rest of the world ran. Last night, Oscar and I participated in The Human Race in Madrid. One million runners across the world participated and over 10,000 ran in Madrid. It was a 10K race that started in the Retiro park, crossed through the oldest parts of downtown Madrid, and ended in another famous park called Casa de Campo. We ran past some of the most famous monuments in Madrid including the Prado museum, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, la Almudena cathedral, and the palace.

Nike did an amazing job organizing the race and an even better job making you feel part of something historical. I truly felt proud as I ran. This was Oscar and my first 10K but we hope that it won´t be our last. I am especially proud of Oscar because he works so hard that he hardly had time to train and he did an outstanding job. He will always be my champion :) My goal was to come in under an hour and I did. I even jumped start two groups (by 23 sec!) so the next race I can start in the Under 58 min group.


Under the sign that put us in the group of first-time runners.



Before the big race.


Runners behind us at the starting line.

Runners in front of us.


The finish line as we left. I think the hardest part of the race was trying to find eachother at the meeting points. It was dark by the time we finally met up.

My souvenir. I had one on each foot that Oscar very delicately took care of.

No comments: