Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ham, Cheese and Tomato Pastry


This is very similar to the ham and cheese braid that I do but with a twist. I had some pastry dough in the fridge that was going to go bad so I needed to use it up. I remembered that Barefoot Contessa cut squares and folded the dough over like this for a cheese danish and thought it would be perfect to make individual portions for dinner. All I did was cut the dough into four squares (turned vertically into diamonds) and laid a couple pieces of ham, cheese, and tomatoe on each piece. Then I brought the horizontal points together; sealed them with a little egg wash; brushed the tops with the rest of the egg wash; and topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese. All they need is about 25 minutes in the oven and dinner is on the table. Even though my presentation isn´t all that great in this picture, you can make this look pretty impressive simply by laying it over some fresh greens and serving it on a cute plate.

No comments: