Friday, November 27, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Feast

Our Menu: Oven roasted turkey leg, my mom's famous rice stuffing, cornbread stuffing, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and homemade sundried tomato and parmesan bread.

This year, I made a Thanksgiving feast for two :) It also doubled up as an anniversary dinner, which worked out nicely. I was talking to my mom while I was cooking, and even though we hadn't previously discussed our menus, we ended up making almost the exact same dinner. (Mine was just downsized!) In Spanish, I would call her my "media naranja" (my other half). I missed not having my family in the kitchen with me as I cooked but our dinner was special in a different way. Just knowing that I will see them soon, was something to be thankful for. And, we had A LOT to be thankful for this year!

PS - Best of luck to everyone back home on the biggest shopping day of the year!

No comments: