Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Tribute to Supper Club 2007

When Oscar and I lived in Dallas, I decided to start a Supper Club with "the kids". Everyone always goes over to my parents house, which I love, but we never spend much time at eachother's houses.

Don't get me wrong, I love being at my parents and the fact that someone is always stopping by. Chris always comes by when he is running errands. (I don't think it is ever on the way but he likes to make a quick stop to say hi ... or have a sandwich.) Angela is great about coming over, especially since she lives so close. (She is so good to check up on my parents and make sure they are ok.) And, Brian, religiously comes over on Sundays and special occasions.

My brothers and sister have beautiful homes and I thought Supper Club would be a great way to get us over more often. The rules were simple:

1. Supper Club happened once every two months (since there are six kids).
2. The host/hostess had to provide dinner and adult beverages.
3. Someone had to bring a game.

We had so much fun! Even though not everyone could make it every time, we managed to have a blast. I am bummed that the tradition died when Oscar and I moved but, secretly, I am not too upset because I would be so jealous if I couldn't be there.

Here are some pics of the great times we had. I don't have any pics of Angela's or David and Matty's nights. But we will never forget the awesome taco salads and Rootbeer floats Angela made. And, the trip to Houston - and Chris getting homesick in a day - is one for the books.


Chris and Kellie were the first hosts. I always love going to their house because it is different everytime. This is where the Taboo madness started. (Wasn't Oscar cute with a beard?)
Brian was host #2. Risky's BBQ was a hit. The best memory by far of this night was David and Chris reading eachother's minds playing Taboo. Let's just leave it at Indians and Spelling Bees.

Oscar and I were up next. We sent my parents out for the night since it was just for the kids. It was an Italian feast with great wine. (You can tell it was over the summer because Angela is about 10 shades darker than the rest of us.)

An entire group shot from our night. I love you guys!

1 comment:

Rosa said...

Oscar con barba!!!!!