Friday, January 23, 2009

Cod with raisins and pine nuts

Here is a close up of the cod with raisins and pine nuts that I made on Christmas Eve. I got the recipe off the Internet a couple years ago from a Web site with Medieval Spanish recipes. Who would have guessed?! I changed it up some so I should probably sit down and write up what I actually prepared. The recipe is at my house, though, so I will have to post it at a later date.

I used a cermanic baking dish from Spain, which worked nicely for the sauce. However, next time around I would suggest pan frying the fish first in a good skillet to get a nice brown crust then moving into the the ceramic dish to meddle in the sauce. Also, I had an excess of sauce this time and ended up throwing out almost half of it. I will have to try using less broth next time. It will probably help to intensify flavors, too.

P.S. - You may be seeing some recipes in the near future that use pine nuts since we had quite the surplus from the holidays and my mom doesn´t know what to do with them. I already have several things in mind and could use them up pretty quickly, if I had closer access to her kitchen. I miss you Mami!

Me and my sister cooking. I love to cook with her! She makes it so much more fun. I am wearing a special chefs coat that I got from my very special friend Erika that I love very much. Also, you can see some of our holiday appetizers on the right :)

No comments: